2019 SLACKCOUNTRY COURSE (BAQUEIRA)
COURSE DATE: 11/02/19 – 15/03/19 PRICE: £1195.00 GROUP SIZE: 1 Space
Having visited Baqueira Beret for the first time last season for my 3 day Spring shred and feasting on the terrain potential on offer there, I am very excited to get back there this season for a slightly longer 5 day Slackcountry Freeride course. Baqueira in the heart of the High Pyrenees is spread over numerous valleys with summits of up to 2500m and an extensive Slackcountry potential that begs to be explored. Last season we scored some amazing snow, and had great fun Surfing the fun terrain that varies from wide open pistes, open powder fields, high speed tree lines right through to the famous steep, unfortunately named, ‘Where Goat go to Die’ couloir and the even steeper surrounding faces found off the top of the Cap de Baqueira. Combine all of this with an evening swim in the hotel pool before a Tapas raid down the valley, and you’ve got the potential for a pretty good trip.
“I had one of my favourite powder runs of the season here last winter, so I’m definitely looking forward to going back”.
Make your accommodation booking 10th to 16th Feb at the hotel Vilagaros – www.hotelvilagaros.com and then confirm your place with us.
Arrive at accommodation – www.hotelvilagaros.com – 10/02/19 (nearest airport Toulouse)
(course starts 11/02/19)
DAY 1 – Avalanche safety training – A warm up day and an introduction to Baqueira.
DAY 2 – Slackcountry Freeride Baqueira
DAY 3 – Slackcountry Freeride Baqueira
DAY 4 – Slackcountry Freeride Baqueira
DAY 5 – Slackcountry Freeride Baqueira
(course ends 15/03/19)
Depart Accommodation 16/02/19
Our Slackcountry/Splitboard course caters for Experienced Snowboarders. A good fitness level and a minimum of 5 to 6 weeks riding experience is recommended.
Fitness level 4
Fitness level 4
Some Itinaries may only be accessible by heli drop (not included).
Splitboards will be used for touring.
Itineries can change due to conditions at the discretion of the Guide.
For safety reasons ‘Riders unable to meet the required criteria for their chosen course may be unable to complete that course at the discretion of the course leader’. For more information on course requirements please read our Choosing a Course & Course Pre-requisits section.
- 5 days on snow Guidance with a fully qualified UIAGM Mountain Guide (ratio 1:6).
- Jones Solution Splitboard as required – (we will need stance details from each participant).
- Ortovox avalanche safety equipment and avalanche search and rescue training using the Ortovox 3+ transciever.
- All Backcountry access, equipment including Splitboard and training.
- Transport fro accommodation to and from the mountain.
- Lift pass
- Flights (nearest airport is Toulouse)
- Airport transfers
- Personal insurance
- Personal snowboarding equipment and backpack capable of carrying your board (25L minimum)
SLACKCOUNTRY COURSE (BAQUEIRA) :: DATE: 11/02/19 – 15/02/19 :: PRICE: £1195.00
- Please read our Payment and Cancellation policy before booking your course.
- Your place on the course is not confirmed until payment is made.
- McNab Snowboarding cannot take responsibility for any changes to travel plans/pre-booked flights if they are made prior to deposit for course being made.
If you have any comments or questions please feel free to contact us on the details below.
You can contact us by e-mail or call us on 06 30 60 54 22.
Our phone line is manned Monday to Friday mornings 9am to 1pm. We check e-mails and voice mail every day and will try and reply within 24 hours of receiving messages.
Please fill out your details on the form to the right and one of the team will get back to you as soon as possible.