2020 – LOFOTEN ‘ARCTIC SPLITBOARDING’
COURSE DATE: 22/03/20 – 29/04/20 PRICE: £3295.00 GROUP SIZE: 6
The Lofoten islands are a 100km long chain of steeply sided mountainous islands that pierce the Norwegian sea on the North West tip of Norway’s chaotic coast line and are definitely one of my favourite places to ride.
Deep with in the Arctic circle, these Isolated Islands have a solid reputation for deep powder, narrow couloirs and steep descents and with no lift access, this is the perfect destination for those with the need for adventure and a desire to ‘get out there’.
This place is just simply overflowing with the pure natural spirit of the Arctic Splitboard explorer and every winter we are finding new zones and venturing out into the unknown in search of the ultimate ride.
We will stay at the infamous ‘Lofoten Ski Lodge’ complete with its spacious Yoga studio that overlooks the bay and providing the perfect setting to stretch out those morning aches or tired post ride muscles.
Also hidden within this archipelago of Islands and fjords is the beautiful Unstad Bay, which just happens to be one of Norway’s most famous and consistent Surf breaks, offering up the odd afternoon surf session or bad weather lay day action for both beginners and season pro’s alike.
If you don’t have your own, Surf kit can be hired through Arctic Surf who’s quality wetsuits will keep you comfy even in the Icy waters of the Norwegian sea.
This really is the ultimate Arctic Splitboard (with the option of a quick Surf) Adventure!
22/03/20– fly to Harstad/Narvik for transfer to Lofoten
Avalanche search and rescue refresher – Splitboard Touring.
29/03/20 – transfer to Harstad/Narvik for departure.
There is the option to Surf at Unstad Bay if the weather is bad in the mountains or the waves are firing!
Our Backcountry Voyager Lofoten Split & Surf trip caters for Advanced Backcountry Snowboarders with previous Splitboard experience.
Fitness level 5
Fitness level 5
A very good fitness level and a minimum of 8 weeks riding experience is recommended.
For safety reasons ‘Riders unable to meet the required criteria for their chosen course may be unable to complete that course at the discretion of the course leader’.
For more information on Course requirements or help with choosing a Course please send us a mail with your contact details and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- 6 days on snow Guidance with fully qualified ISIA Snowboard Teacher and UIAGM Mountain Guide Neil McNab (ratio 1:6).
- Return transfers to the Lofoten Ski Lodge.
- 7 nights twin room Fullboard accommodation in the lofoten Ski Lodge.
- Daily transport to and from the mountain.
- Flights to and from Harstad (via Oslo).
- Personal Snowboard/Splitboard equipment.
- Backcountry access and mountain safety equipment is not included.
- Surf equipment is not provided but can be hired at Ustad Arctic Surf as needed.
LOFOTEN ‘ARCTIC SPLITBOARDING’ :: DATE: 22/03/20 – 29/03/20 :: PRICE: £3295.00
- Please read our Payment and Cancellation policy before booking your course.
- Your place on the course is not confirmed until payment is made.
- McNab Snowboarding cannot take responsibility for any changes to travel plans/pre-booked flights if they are made prior to deposit for course being made.
If you have any comments or questions please feel free to contact us on the details below.
You can contact us by e-mail or call us on +33 (0)6 30 60 54 22.
Our phone line is manned Monday to Friday mornings 9am to 1pm. We check e-mails and voice mail every day and will try and reply within 24 hours of receiving messages.
Please fill out your details on the form to the right and one of the team will get back to you as soon as possible.