2020 NEW ‘RIDE PHYLOSOPHY’ COURSE (BAQUEIRA) #1
COURSE DATE: 04/02/20 – 08/02/20 PRICE: £1195.00 GROUP SIZE: 1 Space
The New ‘Ride Philosophy’ Course introduces the philosophy behind my approach to Freeride Snowboard technique and the ‘Fine Art of Riding Mountains’.
This 5 day instructional Slackcountry course will help you understand the connection between your natural movements, your feel and understanding of the board beneath your feet and the ultimate goal of riding with speed and flow within the inspirational natural terrain of the Mountain.
This course will be based in the Spanish resort of Baqueira Beret in the heart of the High Pyrenees. Baqueira is spread over numerous valleys and offers an extensive playground of lift accessed fun Slackcountry terrain that simply begs to be ridden and explored.
2020 will see the launch our first Prototype Custom Snowboards, designed with the knowledge and science that has come from 30 years at the cutting edge of the sport.
‘McNab Snowboards’ are specifically designed to be ridden with the knowledge of how we, the board and the Mountain can work together to create the ultimate ride.
This New ‘Ride Philosophy’ Course will give you the opportunity to test one of our new Prototype Snowboards complete with the understanding of the science behind its design and the knowledge of how to ride it.
For this course we will be staying in the Hotel Vilagaros in the Village of Garos in the valley below Baqueira.
Make your own accommodation booking for the 3rd to 9th Feb at the hotel Vilagaros – www.hotelvilagaros.com
Call +34 973982371 for McNab Group booking and then confirm your place with us.
Arrive at accommodation 03/02/20 (nearest airport Toulouse)
hotelvilagaros.com (call +34 973982371 McNab Group Booking)
(course starts 04/02/20)
DAY 1 – Slackcountry Ride Philosophy Baqueira
DAY 2 – Slackcountry Ride Philosophy Baqueira
DAY 3 – Slackcountry Ride Philosophy Baqueira
DAY 4 – Slackcountry Ride Philosophy Baqueira
DAY 5 – Slackcountry Ride Philosophy Baqueira
(course ends 08/02/20)
Depart Accommodation 09/02/20
Our Slackcountry/Splitboard course caters for Experienced Snowboarders. A good fitness level and a minimum of 5 to 6 weeks riding experience is recommended.
Fitness level 4
Fitness level 4
Some Itinaries may only be accessible by heli drop (not included).
Splitboards will be used for touring.
Itineries can change due to conditions at the discretion of the Guide.
For safety reasons ‘Riders unable to meet the required criteria for their chosen course may be unable to complete that course at the discretion of the course leader’. For more information on course requirements please read our Choosing a Course & Course Pre-requisits section.
- 5 days on snow Guidance with a fully qualified UIAGM Mountain Guide (ratio 1:6).
- Jones Solution Splitboard as required – (we will need stance details from each participant).
- Ortovox avalanche safety equipment and avalanche search and rescue training using the Ortovox 3+ transciever.
- All Backcountry access, equipment including Splitboard and training.
- Transport fro accommodation to and from the mountain.
- Lift pass
- Flights (nearest airport is Toulouse)
- Airport transfers (car hire recommended)
- Personal insurance
- Personal snowboarding equipment and backpack capable of carrying your board (25L minimum)
NEW ‘RIDE PHILOSOPHY’ COURSE (BAQUEIRA) #1 :: DATE: 04/02/20 – 08/02/20 :: PRICE: £1195.00
- Please read our Payment and Cancellation policy before booking your course.
- Your place on the course is not confirmed until payment is made.
- McNab Snowboarding cannot take responsibility for any changes to travel plans/pre-booked flights if they are made prior to deposit for course being made.
If you have any comments or questions please feel free to contact us on the details below.
You can contact us by e-mail or call us on 06 30 60 54 22.
Our phone line is manned Monday to Friday mornings 9am to 1pm. We check e-mails and voice mail every day and will try and reply within 24 hours of receiving messages.
Please fill out your details on the form to the right and one of the team will get back to you as soon as possible.