2020 SLACKCOUNTRY FREERIDE COURSE (ZINAL)
COURSE DATE: 27/01/20 – 31/01/20 PRICE: £1195.00 GROUP SIZE: 1 Space
“The ‘Slackcountry Freeride courses’ are all about the ride, the ride and then the ride!
Slackcountry is the term given to the terrain that lies just beyond boundaries of the patrolled area easily accessed sometimes straight off the lift or by a short hike in or out. This ‘Slackcountry Freeride course’ is set in the little known but highly rated Swiss Freeride mecca of Zinal, one quiet valley over from its more crowded cousin, Zermatt.
The Slackcountry Freeride course is designed for the experienced Snowboarder searching for high octane Freeriding, without the full day Hikes or Splitboarding offered by our ‘Backcountry Freeride’ program’.
With the emphasis, as always, on Mountain Safety, the ‘Slackcountry Freeride course’ will teach you how to look at, respect and learn from the terrain in which you ride and increase your awareness for the high mountains helping you develop your ability and confidence to hike, climb and ride in safety amongst the high peaks.
The Zinal Slackcountry Freeride course is designed to deliver a fun and exciting week of pure uncompromised High Mountain Freeriding.
(please note that a Splitboard is not included for this course)
Arrive in Zinal on the 26/01/20 accommodation details to follow
DAY 1 – 27/01/20
Avalanche search and rescue training – A warm up day and an introduction to the fine art of Splitboarding.
DAY 5 – 31/01/20
Depart Zinal 01/02/20
Our Slackcountry/Splitboard course caters for Experienced Snowboarders. A good fitness level and a minimum of 5 to 6 weeks riding experience is recommended.
Fitness level 4
Fitness level 4
Participants will need to bring their own regular Freeride Snowboard for non Splitboard Slackcountry days.
Some Itinaries may only be accessible by heli drop (not included).
Itineries can change due to conditions at the descretion of the Guide.
For safety reasons ‘Riders unable to meet the required criteria for their chosen course may be unable to complete that course at the discretion of the course leader’. For more information on Course requirements or help with choosing a Course please send us a mail with your contact details and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- 5 days on snow Tuition with fully qualified UIAGM Mountain & Snowboard Guide Lars Vanhaelewyck (ratio 1:6).
- Ortovox avalanche safety equipment and avalanche search and rescue training using the Ortovox 3+ transciever.
- Lift pass
- Flights (nearest airport is Geneva)
- Airport transfers
- Personal insurance
- Personal snowboarding equipment, hiking poles and backpack capable of carrying your board (25L minimum)
- Please note that a splitboard is not included for this course.
SLACKCOUNTRY FREERIDE (ZINAL) :: DATE: 27/01/20 – 31/01/20 :: PRICE: £1195.00
- Please read our Payment and Cancellation policy before booking your course.
- Your place on the course is not confirmed until payment is made.
- McNab Snowboarding cannot take responsibility for any changes to travel plans/pre-booked flights if they are made prior to deposit for course being made.
If you have any comments or questions please feel free to contact us on the details below.
You can contact us by e-mail or call us on +33 (0)6 30 60 54 22.
Our phone line is manned Monday to Friday mornings 9am to 1pm. We check e-mails and voice mail every day and will try and reply within 24 hours of receiving messages.
Please fill out your details on the form to the right and one of the team will get back to you as soon as possible.