2023 BC FREERIDE COURSE – CHAMONIX
COURSE DATE: 06/03/23 – 10/03/23 PRICE: £1295.00 AVAILABILITY: FULL
My Backcountry Freeride Course is designed for those that have tasted the future of Backcountry riding and Backcountry Splitboarding and now simply need more!
The Backcountry Freeride Course and is all about simply getting out there and exploring the Backcountry treasures found amongst the high peaks of the Chamonix massif and beyond.
This course is one of my favourite Courses to Guide as it is quite simply about getting out amongst the Peaks in search of the best conditions and the biggest descents.
With the emphasis, as always on mountain safety, the Backcountry Freeride Course will help you further increase your awareness for the high mountains and develop your ability and confidence to tour, climb and ride amongst them.
For those that have caught the Backcountry bug and now want to take it to the next level, this is it!
*(mcnabsnowboards will be available for test on this course, for more info visit mcnabsnowboards.com)
DAY 1 – (Course starts 06/03/23)
Avalanche search and rescue training – A warm up Splitboard familiarization day.
DAY 5 – (Course ends 10/03/23)
The Backcountry Freeride course caters for Advanced Snowboarders beyond technique, who have previously attended one of our Backcountry Intro or Slackcountry Freeride courses. A good fitness level and a minimum of 5 to 6 weeks riding experience is recommended.
Riding level 5/5
Fitness level 5/5
Some Itinaries may only be accessible by heli drop (not included).
Splitboards will be used for touring.
Itineries can change due to conditions at the descretion of the Guide.
For safety reasons ‘Riders unable to meet the required criteria for their chosen course may be unable to complete that course at the discretion of the course leader’. For more information on Course requirements or help with choosing a Course please send us a mail with your contact details and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- 5 days on snow Tuition with fully qualified ISIA Snowboard Teacher and UIAGM Mountain Guide
Neil McNab (ratio 1:6).
- Splitboard – must be pre ordered
- Avalanche safety equipment and avalanche search and rescue training.
- Crevasse rescue and rope technique training for glacier travel.
- All Backcountry access equipment, including Splitboard and training.
- Lift pass
- Flights (nearest airport is Geneva)
- Airport transfers
- Personal insurance
- Personal snowboarding equipment and backpack capable of carrying your board (25L minimum)
BC FREERIDE COURSE (Chamonix) :: DATE: 06/03/23 – 10/03/23 :: PRICE: £1295.00
- Please read our Payment and Cancellation policy before booking your course.
- Your place on the course is not confirmed until payment is made.
- McNab Snowboarding cannot take responsibility for any changes to travel plans/pre-booked flights if they are made prior to deposit for course being made.
If you have any comments or questions please feel free to contact us on the details below.
You can contact us by e-mail or call us on +33 (0)6 30 60 54 22.
Our phone line is manned Monday to Friday mornings 9am to 1pm. We check e-mails and voice mail every day and will try and reply within 24 hours of receiving messages.
Please fill out your details on the form to the right and one of the team will get back to you as soon as possible.